Monday 3 December 2012

Gin and Lemonade


If any of you know me personally then you might know that my drink of choice is a gin and lemonade (or just shots of whisky if I'm not quite drunk enough!) however since getting ill I haven't drunk at all and I'm starting to miss it a little bit! At the moment while I'm living at home its fine as I rarely leave the house let alone get an opportunity for a night out, but next Monday I will be going back to Coventry for two events where I would like to drink! Usually it takes me quite awhile to get a bit tiddly but I'm expecting that after not drinking for over 3 months and losing a stone will probably make me a lightweight! 
I have had a look online and there's a lot of information about drinking with Crohns, generally saying its a bad idea as it makes symptoms worse. Sometimes I've found that the symptoms of Crohns are like a bad hangover anyway (I never get a headache!) so this doesn't affect me too much. However some people have found they are fine with certain types like clear alcohols such as vodka. I've never been a big beer or wine drinker, I only enjoy the occasional cider when its hot so that works for me! I'm hoping that also counts for gin but I'm not sure about the lemonade as I've been told to avoid fizzy drinks as they can also irritate me. So, I have decided tonight to test out a nice glass of gin and lemonade after putting the Christmas decorations up and then seeing what happens... wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment