Saturday 1 December 2012

Jumble Sale!







Today I went to the jumble sale down the road with Izz to raise money for help for heroes. We weren't expecting much as I live in a small village but actually it was quite busy! There were a few stalls, mainly books and cuddly toys but I did manage to find some bargains which I've taken pictures of. 
The first picture is a small cardboard suitcase with a floral pattern that I bought for 20p!
Im really pleased with that as these boxes usually sell for at least £7. I'm going to use it as a hamper for some bits for someone including the soaps in the next picture which were also 20p! With a couple of the shell candles and some smellies it will make a great girly present!
The jumper I saw behind the table in a bag of bits that hadn't been put out yet but the pattern caught my eye. Its always worth asking about things like that as you could find something that they have missed! It cost me 50p but its so warm and cosy and looks good with leggings for the winter.
The two books were 50p and 20p and are 'The Zombie Survival Guide' and 'Fatherland'. The zombie book I bought for my cousin as a little Christmas gift as we always joke about what we would do if we were in an apocalypse! I think I will make a survival hamper as a present for her and her fiance for Christmas. The other book reminded me of my Dad (which sounds terrible as its about Hitler) but he is interested in history and it looks like a good read!
The bag I probably didn't need as I seem to collect these satchel type bags but for £1 I couldn't resist. Its a great vintage bag with lots of space inside. Along with that I also bought a navy leather belt with a little gold boat on it for 50p and a bracelet with a dragonfly on for 25p! 
We finished it all off with a lovely cupcake and entered the raffle to win a bottle of champers, hope we win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment