Sunday 30 December 2012

Side effects of Azathioprine?

Today has been one of the worst days in a long time! It started off fine, I took my medication with breakfast like normal and decided to go to the car boot sale with some of the girls despite having a bit of a stomach ache. Walking round I started to feel a bit sick and the pain in my stomach was getting worse.  As we headed back to the car we stopped to get a bottle of water but I couldn't even stand in the shop I had to walk round the corner down an alleyway where there was a bin and throw up. Not one of my best moments (didn't even have the excuse of being hungover!) but at least it was outside M&S so I could maintain some class! I managed to get home thanks to my friend driving me back and have spent the rest of the day in bed being sick and having a massive tummy ache. There is no point in paracetamol or other pain relief as I would just sick it up so all I can do is ride it out with my hot water bottle!
The hospital recommended I go straight to A&E and be transferred to the gastro ward where they had a bed waiting for me but the thought of spending New Years in hospital is horrible. If this feeling is because of the medication then I know I should go, but if it is just a bug then going to the hospital will make it worse for me and everyone else on the ward. Has anyone else had side effects like this on Azathioprine? Very confusing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment