Monday 28 January 2013

Organising my room

This year I want to start being more organised and prepared, I know that stress can affect crohn's and I have seen in myself what happens when I get stressed so I am going to do as much as a can to prevent that. This weekend I moved back into my house in Coventry so whilst unpacking I decided to have a real clear out and organise the things I use the most. I am very limited on space and storage so everything needs to have a place! I managed to clear out a couple of bin bags and a recycling bag full of rubbish, mainly toiletries and papers from old work. I have also put some more things on eBay, last weeks sales made £70 which I am very pleased about!

I have included some pictures of my room to show how I have organised some things and also because I am very nosy about other peoples bedrooms so I thought you might be too! My bed is never usually made but the cushions with words on I did make from an old bed sheet, the quilt at the end of my bed was a gift for going to uni. The pictures on the wall are hung by a piece of string (I am praying the holes from the nails aren't viable when I take them out or the landlord won't be happy!). I am planning to bring up some more pictures on Wednesday.

I have labelled the draws to remind me what's in them, I moved them so I can get better access and also use the top for space. On the top I have put all the products I use every day for example cleanser and moisturiser so they are easy to reach when I'm feeling lazy. I have put products there that i don't use very often like bio oil to encourage me to use it more. I have also got my make up bag and a bag with my medicine in so I don't forget to take it. I managed to compress my toiletries from 3 bags to one draw by being strict and throwing out anything that I wouldn't use again or was getting old.

I have also shown a picture of my wardrobe, luckily I have 2 draws under my bed, one for underwear and one for t shirts and other tops otherwise would never fit anything in! My wardrobe is sorted by items grouped together and all my shoes are kept underneath along with trousers which are folded in a pile. My bags are all grouped together on a shelf so I can see them and change them around. I also sorted out that my 2 main bags for uni have essentials in like tissues, a mirror, hand cream and paracetamol. The hand cream being in my bag will encourage me to use it.

The folder is my crohns folder so everything is in one place, pretty impressive amount of paper work since October! I really hope my room stays like this and I keep the motivation up to be organised. What are your tips for keeping on top of things?











No comments:

Post a Comment