Friday 15 February 2013

Another shingles update...

Its a little bit late for valentines day but I thought I would do a lovely romantic post on my shingles! It has now been over a month since I had shingles and I am very happy to see them go! The pain was awful and It was horrible for my confidence as I couldn't have that part of my body out. I haven't had any more pain although I do occasionally feel a tingle around there. My main concern was scarring as some of the blisters were very sore and lasted a long time but it doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought. The biggest scar is under my arm but the others look like scars from acne which I would like to get rid of! I have included some very bad pictures of what it looks like now!

I have been applying Superdrug's version of bio oil every night before bed and whenever I remember and it is definitely helping them to clear up quicker and reduce the redness on my skin. I bought the oil awhile ago for another scar on my ankle (a very drunken night and new shoes!) but never got into the routine of putting it on. It was a bargain at about £3 after using my 30% off card and then some points I already had. I know that there is a version in poundland but I haven't heard any reviews of it! I would recommend this one aslong as you take the time to keep applying it.





No comments:

Post a Comment