Monday 18 February 2013

February Charity shopping

I've seen a few posts recently about the money supermarket £20 challenge and thought it was such a good idea I decided to challenge myself. I originally planned to go into town and hunt the charity shops for a present for my friends birthday but ended up buying bits for myself and my cousins wedding gift!   I love the charity shops in Coventry as they are all quite near to each other and most of them charge reasonable prices for things unlike some of the shops at home which are very expensive! The charity shop (not including the tea set) and poundland bits came to £15 so I think I did pretty good!

The first thing I bought was from British Heart Foundation, this jumper is from primark which I never normally buy from a charity shop but I really liked it! It was only £3.50 which I thought was a pretty good price. I would wear this with the top in the picture below underneath it and some denim shorts and tights, in fact its gone straight in the wash so hopefully I can wear it tomorrow!


This top was also from British Heart Foundation and it was only £2.99. Its from Forever 21 originally which is a shop I love but the nearest one is in Birmingham which I don't get to visit as often as I would like! This top would also look really nice with my leather trousers!


When I saw this top I wasn't sure about it as it was a size 20 (I am only a 10!!) but I put it on over my top and its just baggy enough to look nice. I really liked the little brown suede on the pockets which makes it abit different. This top was £3.50 and originally from Dorothy Perkins but I found it in Myton Hospice.


This was also from Myton Hospice, it really caught my eye when I came in the shop and I expected it to be really expensive as it looks vintage but it was only £2.50! I have filled it with all my face products that I use in the evening to store them away neatly.


This tea set was the best find of the day by far! It was also from British Heart Foundation and was originally £25 but I offered them £20 for it and they accepted. I think haggling at a charity shop is find if you think the price they have is more than its worth. Coming home and having a look on ebay the teapots on their own new are starting at around £40! This is a gift for my cousin for her wedding as she loves Alice in Wonderland so I am so happy I managed to get her something she can keep. I just have to resist the temptation to use it!


The final picture is a few of the bits I got from Poundland. If you look carefully in there you really can find some good things. The white tub is acryic nail remover as Im having trouble getting rid of the end bits of mine! The moisturiser I thought I would give a try as it is for sensitive skin and I needed a new day cream. This mascara I have heard lots of good things about and I could believe it was only £1! Its a brown/black so I will use it for the day time when I dont want to wear much make up. 

1 comment:

  1. wow you found some fantastic items!
    I love charity shops and PDSA is by far the best one to go to in my town

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete