Thursday 21 February 2013

Health and Well-being

Last Friday I had a meeting scheduled with the health and well-being officer at Uni. I was abit nervous as I hadn't been feeling too good and wasn't particually in the mood to talk about crohns. However I was really pleasantly surprised with how well it went and how kind she was. I didn't feel bad for having to take time off from my studies and she was really helpful with thinking of things that would prepare me for if I have a really bad day. Although at the moment I seem to be okay things could go downhill quickly and I dont want Uni to suffer because of that. She also helped me apply for 2 different types of funding which was alot simpler than I thought it would be. I now need to wait up to 4 weeks to hear back and then go for an assessment which how much help they think I need. I'm really excited to get the news and know that my final year at Coventry will  be made a little bit easier if I don't need to worry about certain things. 

I also spoke to her about my job and she made me realise that it probably isnt worth the money if it is going to make me more stressed and therefore ill. Hopefully I will be able to get some funding which will mean I don't need to worry as much. I decided on Saturday to hand in my notice at work which means I have 4 weeks left, although one of those weeks is my birthday and next hospital appointment which I am lucky enough to have off. I am so grateful to Odeon for holding onto the job for me and I am glad I made an attempt at going back to work but I think it is simply a case of too much too soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment