Tuesday 5 March 2013

Dinner at the Hermitage in Hitchin

As a birthday treat my Dad took Sam, my brother and I for dinner at the Hermitage in Hitchin. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had visited the same place back when it was a nightclub called Remix and it wasn't very nice but it has changed so much! The inside is beautiful and rustic with lots of wood and metals. There was a hanging bike on the ceiling with mason jars full of flowers. It had a really lovely atmosphere from the minute we walked in. We arrived there early and got some drinks before moving over to our table. To start I had butternut squash risotto balls with breadcrumbs which were amazing! My brother had a black pudding potato cake with a poached egg which I tried and it was delicious, dad had ham hock which was also delicious and Sam had chicken wings which I couldn't try as they were spicy! For mains we both had the special which was lamb with potatoes and vegetables and it was the best roast I have ever had! Elliot also had roast pork and the crackling looked so tasty. Dad panicked and had gnocchi but it was also very good although I think he was eyeing up our roasts! For desert I had a mouse with fudge and honeycomb which they wrote 'happy birthday' on in white chocolate which was a lovely surprise. Elliot had sticky toffee pudding (which one one else got to try!) and dad had banana parfait with popcorn! It was a gorgeous restaurant that I would definitely recommend if you are ever near Hitchin, I would love to visit there again and try some more of their menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment