Saturday 6 April 2013

DIY PU leather pocket t shirt

It's been a little while since I've done a craft post so I thought I would show you something I made the other day. I love leather details on tops and had my eye on one from Missguided but thought I would have a go at making it myself first.


I picked up this top from Primark for £4. It's a slouchy loose fit top and already has a pocket on the front which makes adding the leather much easier! I also got it in a cream colour which I may also add a pocket too.


I ordered a PU leather sample off eBay for £1 which has a different fabric on the other side. I then got a piece of grease proof paper and drew around the shape of the pocket and then cut that pattern out and drew around it on the leather sample but on the opposite side.






















I then cut out that shape and then began to stitch it over the pocket of the t shirt using a black thread and small stitches. I did consider using a similar colour to the t shirt to make it stand out but I'm not that confident in my sewing yet! When doing this be careful you don't stitch through both sides (sounds stupid but easily done!) also be careful where you put a stitch as when you pierce the leather it will leave an obviously hole. I think I could have done my stitches neater but overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out!











No comments:

Post a Comment